Configuring Outlook 2010/2013/2016 for your E Street email account
Printer friendly version
Article # 742
To set up Outlook versions 2010, 2013, and 2016, to send and receive E-mail please follow the steps below.
NOTE! When setting up Outlook (or any mail client), you will need the following information;
- E-mail address:
- Incoming (POP3) mail server:
- Outgoing (SMTP) mail server:
- Account Name (Username):
You can look up the settings for your e-mail here:
1. Open Microsoft Outlook.
2. From the "File" tab, choose "Account Settings".
3. Click the "New" button in the upper-left to add a new email account
4. Check the box labeled "Manually configure server settings" and then click "Next"
5. Select "Internet Email" and click "Next"
6. In the "Your Name" field, type your name. In the "E-mail Address" field, type your full email address
7. In the "Incoming mail server (POP3)" field, type your Incoming mail server name
8. In the "Outgoing mail server (SMTP)" field, type your Outgoing mail server name
9. In the User Name field, type your mail account username
10. In the Password field, type your email password. This is case sensitive. DO NOT check the box that says “Log on using Secure Password Authentication.
11. Click “More Settings”
12. Click on the “Advanced” tab and change the outgoing (SMTP) server port to 587
13. Click on the "Outgoing Server" tab
14. Check the box labeled "My server requires authentication" and make sure it's set to "Use same settings as incoming mail server"and click "OK"
15. Click the "Next" button and then "Finish" to complete the set up.
Article # 742